Swedish Body Massage Training
Swedish Body Massage
Swedish Body Massage with Anatomy & Physiology
Professional instruction in both Swedish Body Massage and Anatomy & Physiology. Ideal for those wanting to offer a relaxing soft-tissue massage. On completion you can advance into other massage and complementary treatments including our Hot Stone Therapy , Indian Head Massage, Lomi-Lomi Massage and Bamboo Hands Free Massage courses,.
- Anatomy & Physiology to understand the functions of all major systems of the body
- Health and safety precautions
- Contra indications and contractions
- Massage techniques; effleurage, pettrisage, tapotement, hacking, cupping , pounding and beating
- Therapeutic use of massage
- Physiological and pychological effects of massage
- Practical application of swedish massage covering front and back legs, arms, abdomen, upper chest, back neck and shoulders
- Massage mediums
- Aftercare and home care procedure
6 Weeks l to include initial independant learning for anatomy and physiology .An Anatomy workpack will be emailed to you prior to the course . 2 days intensive training at Cosmetic Consultants followed by a further 4 weeks independant study to embed theory ,anatomy and physiology and complete practical case studies. You will return to the centre after 4 weeks for your theory exam and practical observation assessment .
No previous experience required although some knowledge or qualification in anatomy and physiology would be beneficial.
You will be required to wear a beauty tunic or plain black T shirt , smart black trousers and smart comfortable footwear. No trainers allowed . Long hair needs to be tied back and nails must be a suitable length to perform massage safely.
All products, equipment and practical models are provided throughout. A written test will be completed at the end of the course, together with case studies and practical assessment.
All prices are listed in our Prospectus which can be found here.