Swedish Body Massage Training Nottingham
Swedish Body Massage
Swedish Body Massage with Anatomy & Physiology 3 Day Course: Course Cost £439
Professional instruction in both Swedish Body Massage and Anatomy & Physiology from a massage therapist. Ideal for those wanting to offer a relaxing soft-tissue massage. On completion, you can advance into other massage and complementary treatments including our Hot Stone Therapy, Indian Head Massage, Lomi-Lomi Massage and Bamboo Massage training courses.
- Anatomy & Physiology to understand the functions of all major systems of the body
- Health and safety precautions
- Contraindications and contractions
- Massage techniques; effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, hacking, cupping, pounding and beating
- Therapeutic use of massage
- Physiological and psychological effects of massage
- Practical application of Swedish massage covering front and back legs, arms, abdomen, upper chest, back neck and shoulders
- Massage mediums
- Aftercare and home care procedure
6 Weeks to include initial independent learning for anatomy and physiology. An Anatomy work pack will be emailed to you prior to the course. 2 days of intensive training at Cosmetic Consultants followed by a further 4 weeks independent study to embed theory, anatomy and physiology and complete practical case studies. You will return to the centre after 4 weeks for your theory exam and practical observation assessment .
No previous experience required although some knowledge or qualification in anatomy and physiology would be beneficial.
You will be required to wear a beauty tunic or plain black T-shirt, smart black trousers and smart comfortable footwear. No trainers allowed. Long hair needs to be tied back and nails must be a suitable length to perform massage safely.
All products, equipment and practical models are provided throughout. A written test will be completed at the end of the course, together with case studies and practical assessment.
All prices are listed in our Prospectus.